Explore Cricket’s World
- The Walter Anderson Museum of Art: walterandersonmuseum.org
- The Art of Walter Anderson, edited by Patricia Pinson (University Press of Mississippi, 2003)
- Birds, by Walter Anderson and Mary Anderson Pickard (University Press of Mississippi, 1990)
- Fortune’s Favorite Child: The Uneasy Life of Walter Anderson, by Christopher Maurer, which includes “An Alternative Perspective” by Walter Anderson’s son John G. Anderson (University Press of Mississippi, 2003)
- The Secret World of Walter Anderson, by Hester Bass, illustrated by E. B. Lewis (Candlewick, 2009)
- The Mississippi Museum of Art: msmuseumart.org
- For information about mental illness and resources, visit apa.org and nami.org. To take the StigmaFree Pledge, visit nami.org/stigmafree.
- For information about birds, visit audubon.org and the Cornell Lab of Ornithology at birds.cornell.edu.
- For additional information about Leonardo da Vinci and his life, visit www.leonardoda-vinci.org.
- For additional information about Emily Dickinson, her poems, and her life, visit the Emily Dickinson Museum.
- For information about Walt Whitman, visit nj.us/dep/parksandforests/historic/whitman/teaching.html.
Additional resources I used in writing the book :
- To build my skills in wilderness self-reliance, I studied with the generous and knowledgeable Alex Garcia of Earthskills, LLC.