Book Jo to Speak at Your Next Event
Whether you are looking for a keynote address or customized training, Jo will tailor an uplifting program to support your organization’s mission, engage your audience, and motivate them into action.
Jo offers speaking services ranging from keynote addresses to half-day and full-day workshops.
Jo draws upon her background as a first-generation college student from a ghost town in rural Mississippi who earned scholarships to attend Millsaps College and Yale Law School. Jo went on to become an award-winning author, an attorney who has first-chaired the registration of over $1 billion in securities, and the Founder of Outdoorosity.org, a free resource for information and inspiration about the natural world. As a writer and a lawyer, Jo has seen first-hand the power of nature to inspire happiness, increase productivity, and reduce stress. She founded the nature-based hashtag #joyscavengerhunt.
Jo has a strong record of community leadership. She is a Liberty Fellow and a member of the Aspen Global Leadership Network. She serves as Vice-Chair of the Area Commission for Greenville Technical College, on the Executive Committee of the Board of the South Carolina Research Authority, as a board member of the Hollingsworth Foundation, and as a mentor to start-up companies and young professionals. Jo has received the Richard Riley Award, the South Carolina Bar Pro Bono Award, the Tommy Thomason Award, the Ruth Nicholson Award, and the Athena Award.
In lieu of an honorarium, Jo requests that your organization purchase copies of Smack Dab in the Middle of Maybe from an independent bookstore and give them to attendees and to students at a Title 1 school your organization selects. She is happy to autograph each copy.
Below is a sampling of some of the talks Jo offers. In addition, she is happy to tailor a topic to your audience.
- Women’s Leadership: It’s Time to Start Taking Chances on Yourself
- Harnessing the Power of Nature: Simple Ways that Organizations and Individuals can Use Nature to Become Happier, more Productive, and Less Stressed
- Living a Curious and Creative Life: First Steps, Missteps, and Ways to Bring Joy to Every Day as You Keep Momentum Toward your Goals
- Big Audacious Projects and How to Dream and Achieve Them
- Joy Scavenger Hunt: How to Infuse Each Day with Joy
- Writing and Revision Techniques that Really Work: How to Hook Your Audience and Create Content that Engages and Connects
If you’re interested in having Jo talk to your group (in-person or virtually), please fill out the following form: